Hi there. I've decided to start a new blog and try to stick with it for a little bit. The old one will stay where it is of couse, since it's a realtime journal of the last 10-ish years of my life, but today starts a new era.
The last two years in a nutshell -
- I have a tech startup job that I love.
- I work from home.
- I jog 6 miles a day when the weather allows
- I tried brewing a little beer, but it was a lot of work so I don't really do it lately.
- We bought a 1977 Airstream Sovereign, that I suspect will appear here quite often (pics coming once I decide how to deal with them)
- I get promoted today to “Director of Customer Care”, because I'm reasonably empathetic and definitely technical and have been at this gig for long enough to more or less know my way around.
- We're growing like crazy, I was #32 or so back in July 2016 and we're over 100 now so that's interesting.
I've been doing this job for the last 2 years that's called “presales”. Essentially I'm a technical sales person, or the developer on sales calls or however you want to think about it. I'm about to start transitioning out of that gig so I might write a few missives about what I learned about that in the last couple years. It's funny, my thoughts and opinions on How To Presales are coming together now that I'm about to stop doing that.
Anyway, this will be a test of how much I can get done in 5 minutes in the morning over coffee.